Get Your International Driver's License for $49
Why carry an IDP while driving in Suriname?
Your IDP is a valid form of identification in 150 countries worldwide and contains your name, photo and driver information.
It translates your identification information into 12 languages — so it speaks the language even if you don’t. Suriname highly recommends an International Driving Permit.
Driving Rules in Suriname
Suriname is famous for its water lilies and orchids. Fall in love with the fascinating beauty of their two major rivers. Driving your own car is your best option. make sure to bemindful of these few reminders.
- Drive on the right side of the road.
- The minimum driving age is 18 years old. The minimum rental age is 21 years old.
- Seat belt is a must.
- Child-restraint is a must.
- Hands-free is a must.
- Drink moderately. The legal alcohol limit is 50 mg per 100 ml of blood.
- The speed limit is 40 km/h in urban road, 60 km in rural roads and 90 km/h on highways.
- Drive carefully and keep your eyes on the road.
Driving in the Winter
Suriname has no winter. However, you need to be extra cautious driving during rainy season. Roads may be flooded. Avoid travelling from May to August. Any other time of the year, you are good!
Enjoy your stay and have a safe travel.
How to get your IDP
2. Upload Photos
Make sure to upload an updated photo and with the correct parameters.
3. Get approved
Wait for your confirmation and you are ready to go!
Over 4,637 Happy Customers Since 2016
Get an International Driver's License for $49
Free International Replacement