Why carry an IDP while driving in Guyana?
Your IDP is a valid form of identification in 150 countries worldwide and contains your name, photo and driver information.
It translates your identification information into 12 languages — so it speaks the language even if you don’t. Guyana highly recommends an International Driving Permit.Order my International Driving Permit Now
Driving Rules in Guyana
Pristine rain forest and amazing natural scenery awaits you in Guyana. This little known country has a lot to offer. Hop on a car and drive from one destination to another. Plan your trip accordingly by reading Guyana’s known traffic laws.
- Guyana drive on the left side of the road.
- The minimum driving age is 18 years old.
- Seat belt is a must.
- Child-restraint is a must.
- Hands-free is a must. Keep your phones away unless they are hands-free.
- Drink responsibly. The legal alcohol limit is 80 mg per 100 ml of blood.
- The speed limit is 50 km/h in urban areas and 100 km/h on highways.
- Be sure to present your IDP along with your national driver’s license upon arrival and while renting a vehicle.
Driving in the Winter
Guyana is in South America so winter is not a concern. Avoid travelling during rainy season from June to September. Be sure to keep your emergency kits handy at all times. Prepare wisely and you should be good.
Have a fun and safe trip.
How to get your IDP
We’ve streamlined the application process down by creating a platform that guides you so you know exactly what you’ll need to successfully complete your application
1. Apply Online
Start your application for International Driver's License Get the IDP.
2. Upload Photos
Make sure to upload an updated photo and with the correct parameters.
3. Get approved
Wait for your confirmation and you are ready to go!
Get an International Driver's Permit for $49
+ International ReplacementOrder my International Driving Permit Now
- 100% money back guarantee
- Fast International Shipping
- Digital Version Delivered in 2 Hours or Less