Get Your International Driver's License for $49
Why carry an IDP while driving in Ecuador?
Your IDP is a valid form of identification in 150 countries worldwide and contains your name, photo and driver information.
It translates your identification information into 12 languages — so it speaks the language even if you don’t. Ecuador highly recommends an International Driving Permit.
Driving Rules in Ecuador
Nature awaits you in Ecuador. Discover this amazing country located in the Earth’s equator. Driving your own car is ideal to get from one destination to another. Here are some important rules you need to familiarize yourself with before hopping in a car!
- Drive on the right side of the road.
- The minimum driving age is 18 years old. The minimum rental age is 25 years old.
- Seat belt is a must for ALL passengers.
- Hands-free is a must.
- Drink responsibly. The legal alcohol limit is 70 mg per 100 ml of blood.
- The speed limit of 50 km/h in urban areas is strictly monitored.
- Do not stop for hitchhikers, especially women.
- There are cyclist riding in the middle of the road. Be aware and keep your eyes on the road.
- Drive defensively at all times. You will be imprisoned regardless if you are the culprit or victim.
Driving in the Winter
Ecuador is a country filled with jungles and highlands so winter is not a concern. Rainy season from June to September may cause flooding and slippery roads so avoid travelling during these months.
Stay safe and enjoy your stay!
How to get your IDP
2. Upload Photos
Make sure to upload an updated photo and with the correct parameters.
3. Get approved
Wait for your confirmation and you are ready to go!
Over 4,637 Happy Customers Since 2016
Get an International Driver's License for $49
Free International Replacement