Get Your International Driver's License for $49
Why carry an IDP while driving in Aruba?
Your IDP is a valid form of identification in 150 countries worldwide and contains your name, photo and driver information.
It translates your identification information into 12 languages — so it speaks the language even if you don’t. Aruba highly recommends an International Driving Permit.
Driving Rules in Aruba
Experience the Caribbean at its fullest. Aruba is an island nation location in Southern Caribbean Sea. Though a small island country, it is highly advisable to drive your own car to explore the entire island. There are some rules you need to follow to maximize your experience.
- Aruba is a right-hand driving island.
- The minimum driving and rental age is 21 years old.
- Seat belt is a must for ALL passengers.
- Child-restraint is a must.
- Hands-free is a must. Keep your phone away unless it is hands-free.
- The speed limit is 40 km/h in urban areas, 60 km/h in rural roads and 80 km/h in highways.
- Give way to vehicles going to the right.
- Do not park yellow marked roads, bridges and middle of the road.
Driving in the Winter
Aruba is a tropical land so there’s no winter here. However, you need to be extra cautious driving during rainy season. Roads may be flooded as sea level rises. Avoid travelling from June to October. Any other time of the year, you are good!
Enjoy your stay and have a safe travel.
How to get your IDP
2. Upload Photos
Make sure to upload an updated photo and with the correct parameters.
3. Get approved
Wait for your confirmation and you are ready to go!
Over 4,637 Happy Customers Since 2016
Get an International Driver's License for $49
Free International Replacement