Get Your International Driver's License for $49
Why carry an IDP while driving in Chile?
Your IDP is a valid form of identification in 150 countries worldwide and contains your name, photo and driver information.
It translates your identification information into 12 languages — so it speaks the language even if you don’t. Chile highly recommends an International Driving Permit.
Driving Rules in Chile
Chile is a beautiful country. Discover its wonder and hop on a plane now! Drive your own car to see one amazing place to another. Be sure to read a few reminders to help you plan your trip.
- Chile is a right-hand drive country.
- The minimum driving age is 18 years old. The minimum rental age is 21 years old.
- Seat belt is a must.
- Child-restraint is a must.
- Hands-free is a must.
- Drink moderately. The legal alcohol limit is 30 mg per 100 ml of blood.
- The speed limit is 40 km/h in urban areas, 100 km in rural roads and 120 km/h in highways.
- Do not bribe traffic officers!
- You cannot smoke while driving.
- All signs are in Spanish. Be sure to study the signs in advance.
Driving in the Winter
Chile is the driest country in the world, so winter will never be a problem. Rainy season is almost non-existent as well. Be sure to always have a bottle or two of drinking water in your car at all times.
Enjoy your stay and have a safe travel.
How to get your IDP
2. Upload Photos
Make sure to upload an updated photo and with the correct parameters.
3. Get approved
Wait for your confirmation and you are ready to go!
Over 4,637 Happy Customers Since 2016
Get an International Driver's License for $49
Free International Replacement