Get Your International Driver's License for $49
Why carry an IDP while driving in Hungary?
Your IDP is a valid form of identification in 150 countries worldwide and contains your name, photo and driver information.
It translates your identification information into 12 languages — so it speaks the language even if you don’t. Hungary highly recommends an International Driving Permit.
Driving Rules in Hungary
Visit the medieval and historic city of Budapest. Discover Hungary and prepare to be amazed. Use your own car to explore this wonderful country and see one destination to another. Be sure to keep these traffic laws in mind.
- Hungary is a right-hand driver country.
- The minimum driving age is 18 years old.
- Seat belt is a must.
- Child-restraint is a must.
- Hands-free is a must. Keep your phones away unless they are hands-free.
- Drink moderately. The legal alcohol limit is 50 mg per 100 ml of blood.
- The speed limit is 50 km in rural roads and 130 km/h on highways.
- You are required to drive with dipped headlights.
- Be sure to have early warning device, reflective vest, first aid kit and spare lamps in your car at all times.
- Insurance is mandatory.
- Give way to the right of the road.
Driving in the Winter
Winter in Hungary can be challenging. Be sure to use winter tires in all your wheels. Keep your emergency kits handy at all times. As long as you are prepared, you will be fine.
Enjoy your stay and safe travels.
How to get your IDP
2. Upload Photos
Make sure to upload an updated photo and with the correct parameters.
3. Get approved
Wait for your confirmation and you are ready to go!
Over 4,637 Happy Customers Since 2016
Get an International Driver's License for $49
Free International Replacement