Get Your International Driver's License for $49
Why carry an IDP while driving in New Caledonia?
Your IDP is a valid form of identification in 150 countries worldwide and contains your name, photo and driver information.
It translates your identification information into 12 languages — so it speaks the language even if you don’t. New Caledonia highly recommends an International Driving Permit.
Driving Rules in New Caledonia
Drive in New Caledonia to enjoy the pristine water and relaxed beach life. Enjoy your trip even more by driving your own car. Take note of the few important traffic rules.
- New Caledonia is a right-hand drive country.
- The minimum driving age is 18 years old. To rent a car, drivers must be over 21 years of age.
- Seat belt is a must for ALL car passengers.
- Hands-free is a must.
- Drink moderately. The legal alcohol limit is 50 mg per 100 ml of blood.
- The speed limit is 30km/h in urban areas, 50 km/h in rural areas, and 110 km/h in highways.
- Third-party insurance is mandatory.
- Police station phone number is 17.
- Be sure to have early warning device, fire extinguisher, first aid kit and reflective vest in your car.
Driving in the Winter
New Caledonia has tropical climate. Just avoid travelling during the rainy season from December to March. Keep your emergency kits handy at all times. Plan your trip accordingly.
Enjoy New Caledonia and safe travels.
How to get your IDP
2. Upload Photos
Make sure to upload an updated photo and with the correct parameters.
3. Get approved
Wait for your confirmation and you are ready to go!
Over 4,637 Happy Customers Since 2016
Get an International Driver's License for $49
Free International Replacement