International Driver's License USA
Digital IDP is sent in max. 2 hours
24/7 Live Chat
3 years Money-back Guarantee
Order with confidence
Free of charge
IDP is essential when driving abroad
International Driving Permit (IDP), regulated by the United Nations, certifies that you are the holder of a valid driver's license in your country of origin.
Your IDP is a valid form of identification in more than 150 countries worldwide and contains your name, photo and driver information in the 12 most widely spoken languages in the world.
- Required by car rental agencies worldwide
- You must be 18 years or older to apply
- No test is required
How to get your IDP
Fill in the forms
Have your driver’s license and delivery address handy
Verify your ID
Upload pictures of your driver's license
Wait for confirmation and you’re ready to go!
Driving Tips in the US
The Land of the Free and the Home of the Braves. Discover the US and its 50 states. You can drive all across this amazing country so hop on a car! Take note of some traffic rules to enjoy your journey from one state to another.
- Drive on the right side of the road.
- The minimum age to drive a car is 16 years old. The minimum age to rent a car is 21 years old.
- Seat belt is a must.
- Hands-free is a must. Keep your phone away unless it is hands-free.
- Speeding laws vary from state to state.
- Alcohol permitted levels vary from state to state. However, the common maximum alcohol level is 50 mg per 100 ml of blood.
- Safety camera warning devices are not allowed.
- Automatic transmission cars are very common. Be sure to know how to drive an automatic vehicle.
Can I use an international drivers license in the USA?
There is no such thing as an International Drivers License or IDL which is literally a driver’s license for any country. The document that’s used to drive in another country is called an International Driving Permit (IDP). It is a document that supports your valid driver’s license by translating it into 12 widely-used languages worldwide.
Do I need an international driving Licence for the USA?
Although it is not required to get an IDP, it is highly recommended, especially when your home country driver’s license is not in English. Not all local road traffic authorities in America are knowledgeable/fluent in understanding other languages; therefore, it is important to have an IDP if you’re planning on driving in another country.
What is an international driver's license?
As mentioned, those that mention IDLs are scams since there is no such thing. The accurate document to drive in another country is called an IDP or International Driver’s Permit. You can use an International Driving Permit to verify your eligibility as a domestic driver in your home country since it translates all your driver information from your license.
Driving with an IDP in the US is allowed as per the convention on road traffic, set by the United Nations.
Moreover, you can get yours easily by following these steps:
- To start your IDP application, fill out the application form found after you click the “Start My Application” button on the upper right of the page.
- After the completed application, you can attach a copy of your valid driver’s license and passport photos.
- Pay for the IDP fee by inputting your credit card details.
- Once done, you can wait for 30 business days for your IDP to arrive.
What are the benefits of an international driving licence?
Having an IDP can give you the following benefits:
- Driving in a foreign country
- Renting a vehicle from local car rental companies in another country
What is the difference between an international drivers licence and a US drivers license?
The difference between an IDP and an International Driver’s Permit and a valid U.S. driver’s license is as follows:
An IDP is a document that translates your driver’s license, so you are allowed to drive in a foreign country such as the United States regardless of not being a permanent residence in the country. It is not a standalone ID card or any form of identification, since it only serves as a supporting document for your driver’s license.
As for a U.S. driver’s license, you will need to take a written and health exam, along with a driving test. The issuance of a valid driving license can only be done by the Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) in the United States. However, these rules may vary per U.S. state department rules.
You’ll need an International Driver’s Permit. Or do you? 🤔
Take this short quiz to learn everything you need to know about International Driving Permit
Question 1 of 3
In which country did you get your driver’s license issued?
Trusted by thousands of drivers since 2018
Trusted by customers of: