SaO TOME and PRINCIPE?
Get Your International Driver's License for $49
Why carry an IDP while driving in Sao Tome and Principe?
Your IDP is a valid form of identification in 150 countries worldwide and contains your name, photo and driver information.
It translates your identification information into 12 languages — so it speaks the language even if you don’t. Sao Tome and Principe highly recommends an International Driving Permit.
Driving Rules in Sao Tome and Principe
The skyscraper rock of Pico Cão Grande will greet you as soon as you arrive in Sao Tome! Visit this small island nation in Africa for a change. Be sure to drive your own car to explore the wonders of this country. Here are a few reminders to help you with your trip.
- Drive on the right side of the road.
- The minimum age to drive is 18 years old.
- Seat belt is not required. However, be sure to still wear it for your own safety.
- Drink responsibly even though there are no limit in blood alcohol level is Sao Tome.
- The speed limit is 50 km/h on urban roads and 90 km/h on rural roads.
- Be sure to rent a four-wheel drive vehicle.
- Locals speak Portuguese so be sure to learn some basic words.
Driving in the Winter
There is no winter in Sao Tome and Principe as it is an African country. Avoid traveling during rainy season from May to October. The water level rises and road conditions become much more harder as it is.
How to get your IDP
2. Upload Photos
Make sure to upload an updated photo and with the correct parameters.
3. Get approved
Wait for your confirmation and you are ready to go!
Over 4,637 Happy Customers Since 2016
Get an International Driver's License for $49
Free International Replacement