papua new guinea?
Get Your International Driver's License for $49
Why carry an IDP while driving in Papua New Guinea?
Your IDP is a valid form of identification in 150 countries worldwide and contains your name, photo and driver information.
It translates your identification information into 12 languages — so it speaks the language even if you don’t. Papua New Guinea highly recommends an International Driving Permit.
Driving Rules in Papua New Guineva
Be excited to meet the tribes of Papua New Guinea. Endure the mountain hike and scuba diving in this country. Drive your own car to visit the different places in Papua New Guinea. Just be sure to take these reminders.
- Drive on the left side of the road.
- The minimum driving age is 18 years old.
- Seat belt is a must.
- Child-restraint is a must.
- Hands-free is a must.
- Drink moderately. The legal alcohol limit is 80 mg per 100 ml of blood.
- The speed limit is 60 km/h in urban areas and 75 km in rural roads.
- Keep an eye on your vehicle and make sure to install your dash cams.
Driving in the Winter
The Papua New Guinea is a tropical land, so there’s no winter here. However, you need to be extra cautious in driving during rainy season. Roads may be flooded. Avoid travelling from December to March.
Enjoy your stay and safe travels.
How to get your IDP
2. Upload Photos
Make sure to upload an updated photo and with the correct parameters.
3. Get approved
Wait for your confirmation and you are ready to go!
Over 4,637 Happy Customers Since 2016
Get an International Driver's License for $49
Free International Replacement