Get Your International Driver's License for $49
Why carry an IDP while driving in Laos?
Your IDP is a valid form of identification in 150 countries worldwide and contains your name, photo and driver information.
It translates your identification information into 12 languages — so it speaks the language even if you don’t. Laos highly recommends an International Driving Permit.
Driving Rules in Laos
Discover Laos and visit treasured Buddhist temples. The best way to explore this country is by driving your own car. Here are a few reminders before you head out.
- Drive on the right side of the road.
- The minimum driving age is 18 years old.
- Seat belt is a must for ALL passengers.
- Hands-free is a must. Keep your phones away unless they are hands-free.
- You are not allowed to drink and drive in Laos.
- The speed limit is 30 km/h in urban areas and 50 km/h in rural roads.
- Be sure to rent a four-wheel drive vehicle.
- Heavy traffic is expected, especially in the capital.
- Keep your eyes on the road as the conditions may be difficult for tourist.
Driving in the Winter
Laos does not have winter. However, avoid travelling during rainy season from June to October. Plan your trip accordingly and you are good to go.
Enjoy your stay and safe travels.
How to get your IDP
2. Upload Photos
Make sure to upload an updated photo and with the correct parameters.
3. Get approved
Wait for your confirmation and you are ready to go!
Over 4,637 Happy Customers Since 2016
Get an International Driver's License for $49
Free International Replacement