Get Your International Driver's License for $49
Why carry an IDP while driving in French Polynesia?
Your IDP is a valid form of identification in 150 countries worldwide and contains your name, photo and driver information.
It translates your identification information into 12 languages — so it speaks the language even if you don’t. French Polynesia highly recommends an International Driving Permit.
Driving Rules in French Polynesia
Looking for a perfect swim? Tired of your usual beach destinations? Visit French Polynesia for a change. This island country has clear beaches and beautiful coastlines. Drive your own car to explore the rest of the country. Familiarize yourself with a few traffic rules before planning your visit.
- You drive on the right side of the road.
- The minimum driving age is 18 years old.
- Seat belt is a must for ALL passengers.
- Hands-free is a must. Keep your phones away unless they are hands-free.
- Avoid drinking if you are driving.
- The speed limit is 40 km/h in urban areas and 80 km in rural roads.
- Give right of way to cars driving on main roads.
- Roads are narrow and winding. Some country roads are not cemented and asphalted so drive carefully.
Driving in the Winter
The islands of French Polynesia is scattered around in the South Pacific. There is no winter in the country. However, avoid travelling during the rainy season from November to April. Thunderstorms and strong waves are not the ideal travel weather you want to experience. Plan your trip accordingly!
Be safe and have fun!
How to get your IDP
2. Upload Photos
Make sure to upload an updated photo and with the correct parameters.
3. Get approved
Wait for your confirmation and you are ready to go!
Over 4,637 Happy Customers Since 2016
Get an International Driver's License for $49
Free International Replacement