Get Your International Driver's License for $49
Why carry an IDP while driving in Congo?
Your IDP is a valid form of identification in 150 countries worldwide and contains your name, photo and driver information.
It translates your identification information into 12 languages — so it speaks the language even if you don’t. Congo highly recommends an International Driving Permit.
Driving Rules in Congo
The Democratic Republic of Congo has some of the most beautiful forest and landscapes in the entire world. In case you must travel to Congo, be sure to use your own car for added protection and comfort. Keep in mind these reminders to help you plan your trip.
- Drive on the right side of the road.
- You’re not allowed to drive in Democratic Republic of Congo. The car rental company will provide you with a driver.
- Seat belt is a must.
- Avoid drinking. The legal alcohol limit is 10 mg per 100 ml of blood.
- The speed limit is 60 km/h in urban areas, 90 km in rural roads and 120 km/h on expressways.
- Check points will ask you to blow through a breathalyzer.
- Avoid going out at night.
- Road fatality is very high! Think twice about going to this country unless you really have to.
Driving in the Winter
There is no winter in DRC. Rainy season is tolerable as well. Be sure to prepare yourself well if you are really deciding to go on a trip to DRC.
Stay safe at all times!
How to get your IDP
2. Upload Photos
Make sure to upload an updated photo and with the correct parameters.
3. Get approved
Wait for your confirmation and you are ready to go!
Over 4,637 Happy Customers Since 2016
Get an International Driver's License for $49
Free International Replacement